and it takes an I to complete this riddle. So let us hold fast to saying the same thing.

4.21.2010

Your Love Is My Drug. Really?

It makes me feel weird to imagine that Ke$ha is actually singing about something like love, so I’m going to assume that when she says “love,” she means “sex.” Because Ke$ha is a nasty girl who is too busy and too dirty to fall in love with anyone.
That’s why I have trouble deciphering her lyrics and figuring out if, at the beginning of the song, she’s singing “I got a dick obsession” or “I got a sick obsession.” Either one is fine with me. Really. I just want to know.
That’s not going to get in the way of me loving this song, though. Because I accept her for all her nastiness, and I accept this song for all its popiness. There’s no denying the addictive catchiness of this little gem, and that’s a fact.

No comments: