and it takes an I to complete this riddle. So let us hold fast to saying the same thing.

5.20.2010

I am the son and the heir





You shut your mouth 
How can you say 
I go about things the wrong way 
I am Human and I need to be loved 
Just like everybody else does 
- How Soon Is Now, The Smiths

Before I ever read the lyrics, I used to think he was singing: I am the sun, and the air, so ofcourse I thought it was about nature. Yes, I'm a dolt! And who freakin cares if it was on Charmed?? It's a retarded show anyway. Just another ruined masterpiece.

I can see where the shy comes in on the song, but I also believe it's about frustration and wanting only one thing and never finding it no matter how hard you try. Also giving in and being mistreated yet not leaving because of your fear of once again being alone. The depression cycle.

No comments: