and it takes an I to complete this riddle. So let us hold fast to saying the same thing.

8.13.2010

lomo dilemma

I still remember the days where I would go online for hours and read all there is to know about lomography. Back on February 2010, I swore to myself I'd get a Golden Half no matter what. And then a month later, I was contemplating between getting a Holga or Diana. And later I found myself caught in a dilemma on choosing between a Diana F+ or Diana Mini or Instax Mini 7s.



I wanted all the qualities of the dreamy Diana to be incorporated in a smaller size, ones that can shoot with a 35mm film instead of the 120mm film, very much like the Diana Mini, however, it lacks the polaroid feature that I'm currently obsessed with. If I can have things my way, I'd invent a Diana with all the traits (in a single camera) that I want; 

1) Lightweight & small
2) 35mm film
3) Polaroid (Instant Back)

I am that greedy. hehe.

And now the only solution for me to enjoy the best of both world is to get a:

Diana Mini AND an Instax mini 7s

OR

Diana F+ (plus Instant Back+35mm Back)

The latter is much more costly, I know cuz I've done my calculations and concluded that it's just not worth getting the F+ if I'm not going to shoot with the 120mm film as embodied with the camera, and why waste the feature if i'm too much of a cheapskate to develop the expensive 120mm film? And also, there's a trick on Youtube on how to adjust your F+ and make it into a 35mm film. This is such an expensive hobby I know. At first I couldn't resist the colourful versions of the Diana F+ as such, the CMYK, and a whole million of other copy cats from the original Diana, and honestly speaking, I'm still trying to resist the temptations of getting one. Haihh. :(


I shall get either one soon and when it's in my hands one fateful day, I'm never letting it go. ;)