and it takes an I to complete this riddle. So let us hold fast to saying the same thing.

10.28.2010

matters of the heart

Fact of the matter is, I'm socially awkward. Especially when meeting new people. I have no idea why but it intimidates me so much when they start talking and I start shaking. And normally when that happens and I start to break the awkward silence, every single word that comes out from my mouth is utter b.s. So eventually things get awfully awkward again. 

There are times when I feel like I'm being someone else, like an actor on stage, and when the drama ends, I turn into someone with a totally different personality. But I have grown to accept the fact that I am, in a way, very awkward and at times act very differently to what other normal people might react. The only reasonable and un-awkward thing for me to do is just smile and not to think much and just go out there and say what's on my mind. To hell with what people think. 

We are in our very own way, different.

No comments: