and it takes an I to complete this riddle. So let us hold fast to saying the same thing.

2.13.2010

of being in sorrow




Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be thinking of you
It's the wrong time
For somebody new
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse

Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If u don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
With you?

Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be cheating on you
It's the wrong time
She's pulling me through
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse

Is that alright?
I give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If you dont shoot it, how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
I give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
Is that alright with you?


I am officially down with the flue. Shit. Timing memang bagus. Just when I'm about to play infront of a huge audience at a wedding tomorow night. F***.  

And here I am drowning in my sorrows listening to 'sad' songs. Damien Rice's 9 crimes. Beautiful song. Deep meaning. Didn't really burst into tears the first time I listened to it, but in some way, the song itself has a deep profound impact and influence on me. Simply breath taking. It's a frequent reminder to me as to how important it is to try and not let my emotions get the best of me. 


Some might say the song's about someone who falls in love while they are still with someone else. And its hard for them because they no longer love the person they are with but feels guilty for falling for someone new. wth. I have my own definition for the song.


Personally,to me, this song can just grab you when you least expect it and leave you in a state of emotional turmoil. 


You just don't need a f****** excuse for your emotions. If you really have one. Don't make any excuses just because you don't wanna lie. Or are you trying to minimise your guilt? And do you really wanna break these ties at the wrong time? 
It takes the two of us to keep things working and if we don't work together anymore, then what's the point?


If you don't light my fire, how am I supposed to hold a torch for you?- Myra

No comments: