and it takes an I to complete this riddle. So let us hold fast to saying the same thing.

2.09.2010

of Valentine's and beautiful love songs

Three songs to slash your wrists to on Valentine's


I don't have anyone to squeeze on come Valentine's Day. But wth. As a melodramatic person who enjoys listening to love songs and think about my significant other, I choose to drown my sorrows alone.

Damien Rice - Delicate
(we know Rice is overplayed, but "Delicate" still gets us.)


And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?


OR 


listen to this god-awesome song instead if you still don't get it


Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter
(it's an epic)


And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial






Willie Nelson - Crazy
(oh yes I am)


I'm crazy for crying
I'm crazy for trying
I'm crazy for loving you




Valentine's Day IS overrated.

No comments: